As a part of the celebration of the International Day of Yoga, a Yoga and Meditation session was organized at Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT) Jaipur on June 21, 2016 from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM for the students, faculty and staff members of the Institute.
The session was conducted by Shri Puneet Juneja Ji, a yoga expert, at Children Park of MNIT Jaipur. Shri Juneja Ji demonstrated the techniques and benefits of performing different yoga and asanas to the participants. Following activities were conducted:
1. Prayer in any Meditative Posture with Namaskara Mudra and ending with Yoga Mudrasana.
2. Sadilaja/ChaalanKriyas/Loosening Practices (Neck, Shoulders, Trunk & Knees movements).
3. Yogasana (Yog Postures)
Following yogaasanas were performed by the participants:
A. Standing Postures: (i) Taadaasana, (ii) Vrikshaasana, (iii) Pada-hastaasana/Uttaanaasana (iv) Ardh Chakrasana (v) Trikonaasana.
B. Sitting Postures: (vi) Bhadraasana/ Baddhakonaasan, (vii) Vajrasana/Veerasana, (viii) Ushtraasana (Ardha for bigginners) (ix) Shashankaasan, (x) Utthana Mandukasana, (xi) Marichyaasana/Vakraasana
C. Prone Lying Postures: (xii) Makaraasana, (xiii) Bhujangaasana (xiv) Shalabhaasana
D. Supine Lying Postures: (xv) Setubandhasana (xvi) Utthana paadaasana (xvii) Ardha Halasana (xviii) Pawana Muktaasana (xix) Shavaasana
4. Kapaalabhaati (3 cycles of 40 strokes each) Each cycle will be followed by deep breathing.
5. Pranayama: (i) Nadi Shodhana / Anuloma Viloma Pranatama (5 rounds) (ii) Sheetali Pranayama (5 rounds), (iii) Bhraamari Pranayama (BhramariRechaka) (5 rounds).
6. Dhyana / Meditation in any Meditative Posture with Shambhavi Mudra (eye closed) and hands in Jnana / Gyana Mudra.
7. Institutional Yoga Practices (IYP)
(Pranayama & Dhyana practices, Yoga Nidra, Satsang etc.)
8. Ended the Yoga Practice session with a Sankalpa followed by Shaanti Paatha.
Approximately 300 participants, students, faculty and staff members including guests participants enthusiastically took part in the programme.
1. Dr. Sushant Upadhyaya
2. Dr. Makkhan Lal Meena
3. Dr. Dipaloy Datta
4. Sh. Anshu Saxena
5. Dr. Virender Singh
6. Sh. Naresh K. jangir
7. Sh. Narendra
Selected photographs of the Yoga and Pranayam session organized at MNIT Jaipur: