The MNIT website is restructured and reframed by Central Computer Centre. New website includes many features like dynamic faculty profiles, user friendly multi tab interface, scroll free GUI and quick search etc.
Department Home Pages:
A common template has been designed for displaying information of all the departments.
Profile of all the University Faculty is fed and maintained by the Faculty himself/herself in this application. The information has been classified in following parts:
• Personal information,
• Contact information,
• Academic/professional qualifications,
• Research area interests with brief research profile,
• Research publications (Journal and Conference),
• Books publications,
• PhD supervised,
• Professional affiliations etc.
Based on the information fed by the Faculty, they may be searched by anyone on various criteria like –Name, Research Area, Designation, Department etc.
A contact us tab provided on the top right corner of the Home Page. Any website visitor may find telephone directory, how to reach the institute and webmaster e-mail id for send his queries/complaints regarding the website.
• The website has been developed in open source software.
Content Management System (CMS):
• The website is compatible with all popular web browsers.
• The web pages are light weight so that the website will perform well even in low speed of internet connectivity.
Information/News/Photos required to be uploaded on the website is done through a Central CMS
. Features of this CMS are:
• Information/news is uploaded in the CMS which may appear instantly or on a later time specified in the CMS.
Hosting of the website on MNIT Server.
• Time of removing the Information/news may also be specified at the time of uploading so that there will be no irrelevant information lying on the website.
• All the information/news are kept safe in the database making it possible to have various types of useful searches on the news/information posted on the website in past.
• It will be possible to display any information/news at multiple relevant places for the ease of users.